December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Teammate get tgether

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Teammate get tgether

Post by Squall on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Squall stood outside the Obelisk Blue dorms waiting for Ashley. They had told to visit Chancellor's office within two hours and while they still had time, Squall was not one for being late. Still this break allowed his to expand his thoughts. He couldn't believe it had really been months since the attack. It had seemed year ago now, and the school was doing better than ever. He shook his head from his distracted thoughts. He needed to be read to leave.
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teammate get tgether

Post by Ashley on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:51 pm

Ashley came running up from the girls dorm, still trying to comb her hair desperately for a good impression. When she finally got to Squall, she ditched to comb carelessly, looking at the guy. "Ok, I'm here, and good to go. You ready?"
Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Squall gave a small smile and a laugh. "You didn't need to rush, we still have more than enough time." Still he nodded at her question. "I am ready as well, shall we?" With that the pair began to walk to their destination. As they made the journey, Squall realized he barely knew  anything about his partner. They had been place together last minute and yet had duel flawlessly together. He decided to rectify the situation.

"I heard that you came from West Duel Academy." Squall began. "Is there any major reason you made the switch?" He asked curiously.

Last edited by Squall on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:00 pm

The topic caught her off guardmaking her look away from Squall and out over the ocean in the far distance. It clearly was a sensitive topic. "It didn't work out. The school was too bland for me and its people too shallow. So, when the opening came up here I took the chance, and it seems it really worked out so far."

She dared look at him again, with a slightly forced smile. "Duel Academy's been great so far, thanks to people like you."
Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Squall quickly realized he had misspoken and backtracked quickly. "I'm sorry if I brought up unpleasant memories. I should have been more sensitive." He quickly apologized raising his hand in surrender. He mentally cursed at his stupidity. He could help liberate a school from a mad-man but apparently couldn't keep his nose out of people business. How childish of him.

"I wonder what the Chancellor has for us?" Squall spoke again trying to change the topic. "The last tournament we had here was interrupted so I can only guess what the Chancellor has in store for us."
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:09 pm

She smiled internally at his behaviour. He was so careful and caring. A complete opposite of his Deck and dueling \Not to say he didn't give a rats ass about his cards, but he dominates a duel, rather than to tread careful. It was nice to see how a man and his Deck could be so different, yet work so well.

"Maybe we get some super rare cards or something. Or free passage into the finals of next tournament. Oh, or maybe a free tour of KaibaCorp. Speaking of which ,did you hear? Seto Kaiba, the actual Seto Kaiba, is on the island at this very moment to oversee all business here. You think we might meet him someday?"
Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:14 pm

"I actually saw his land on the island, he looked absolutely furious." Squall laughed nervously. "I know he wasn't anger with me but I don't want to be on the end of his fury that's for sure." Squall gave a small hum thinking about Ashley's other question.

"We might have the chance to meet him." Squall continued. "He will be overlooking operations for a little while. So the possibility of meeting him isn't too far fetched. It would be an honor, to meet such a legendary duelist."
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Ashley nodded. "Definitely. Maybe we could get to duel him, and see the legendary Blue-Eyes White Dragon. You know, it's a miracle that he still has them, you'd think someone would try to break in and steal them or something."
Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Squall eyes drifted to Ashley as she spoke. She was different from the other duelists he had met here. Many looked for Dorm Advancement or "getting stronger" and vague goals. So many duels had felt boring and heartless, just a grind to see who fell first. But dueling with Ashley had been...fun. The creativity and spontaneous of both her and her deck made her interesting. He quickly shook his head to stop staring. She had asked him something and Squall fumbled to reenter the conversation.

"I believe that he always keeps his deck on hand. He would never let those cards out of his sight." Sirius explained. "Besides even if you got past his security, I heard rumors that Kaiba is no slouch in martial arts. I bet no one has tried because no one is foolish enough to do so."
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:42 pm

She chuckled. "Well, I guess I have to learn martial arts myself then. Just in case anyone would want to steal my cards. But, how about you? How's your year been here so far, what can you tell me, what can you recommend? What can you recommend to stay away from?"

Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:58 am

Squall slowed to a stop as her registered Ashley's question.

"I..." For a moment the memories of last few months came roaring back. Running away from the chaos on the main campus. Hiding in the abandoned dorm. Fighting Chancellor Jim with his life one the line. Squall shuddered, harshly grasping his jacket. Fear, hate, sadness all rolled in his stomach. However the feeling quickly passed and Squall released his hold.

"Aside from the incident a few months ago, I love it here on the island. The majority are nice and the quality of the school is top notch. Even the Abandoned Dorm students aren't bad, just a bit misguided." He gave her a smile. "I'm sure you'll love your time here."
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:09 am

The main building came into view, the two approaching the front entrance at a steady yet calm pace. Ashley hadn't experienced any of the things he mentioned, the whole Empire stuff happened before she got here. In fact that is the reason she even got the spot, because Madison vanished, she got the opening needed to join.

"But not like a little shopping street, or I don't know, park or playground? That'd be fun to see. Or use."
Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:19 am

Squall thought for a moment before answering Ashley's question.

"The closest thing to a shopping street here we have is the card shop. Not really a large variety of items to get there." Squall tapped his chin. "I don't think this school has any playgrounds, at least none I have heard about." Squall snapped his fingers in realization.

"To enjoy free time though we have a few options. I know that some students go for walks in the woods. As long as you don't wander off the trails it is a nice experience. There are also plenty of open areas to relax in like fields. I personally go down to the docks when I have free time." Squall said with a laugh. "If you are up for it, you could join me sometime."
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:37 am

She looked at him, with a puzzled face. "The docks? What in gods name could we possibly do at the docks for fun? Aside the obvious that's not happening here." A smear of red flush crossed her cheeks with that last sentence, thought clearly adamant it wasn't gonna happen. It wasn't what she was here for.
Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:49 am

Squall cocked a brow until he realized what he had insulated. His face quickly matched Ashley's in color.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-!" He quickly began to massage his temples trying to stop the oncoming headache. He really needed to stop digging himself into holes. Squall quickly calmed himself and corrected his statement.

"I usually duel at the docks when I have down time," Sirius explained. "The beach is nearby and it draws a majority of the students. Thus there are plenty of people who are looking for a duel." He raised up his hands in apology. "I was asking if you wanted to tag duel with me at the docks not...well yeah." Squall ended the sentence there with a cough.
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:57 am

"Tag duels again? Of course, we have to be ready for the next one. And dueling each other can keep us in form. Dueling form, obviously." She looked over her shoulder, out over the ocean far behind them. "Though a day at the beach sounds pretty nice."

The two made it to the main building and took the elevator to the top floor, which was for the teachers only. Once they exited the elevator, they had to swipe their student ID cards across the pylon to gain access to the floor. The system had recognized them as "on appointment" and thus opened the glass door for them. Everything on this floor looked that much more high-tech than the rest of the Academy, which must have been due to Seto Kaiba being here now. "You excited?"
Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:02 am

"Of course, though a little nervous as well." Squall admitted. They were going to meet one of the greatest duelists of all time as well as the most successful businessman in the world. Squall was unsure how to act but kept a calm face. Everything would work out as long as he kept his cool.
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:04 am

The two entered the conference room, seeing an employee in a black suit standing ready with a suitcase, and the one and only Seto Kaiba sitting at the head of the table, tapping on the wood impatiently.
Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seto Kaiba on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:13 am

Seto heard the glass door wheeze open and looked up, still tapping on the surfboard-shaped table. After giving them a couple seconds to take in the sheer fact they were in the same room as him, he rose from his chair, towering above them. He was a quite tall man, something he quite enjoyed, as it added to the impression he gave people.

"I'm glad you two could join me. So, I hear you are the ones that were victorious in the Tag Team tournament. That's quite a feat you pulled, especially when you're teamed up with someone you've not met before." He nodded at the employee, who on command opened the briefcase, revealing two brand new duel disks. It was a sleek design, like the one used in Battle City, but a lot curvier and smoother. "These two Duel Disks are for you. I want you to test them, see if everything works properly as it should. See it as betatesting. These ones will be your property once the project is complete. You can relay your findings to Professors Vari or Sheppard. That's all."
Seto Kaiba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:19 am

Squall accepted the duel disc with wide eyes. The most he had expected was a congratulations or perhaps a worthless trinket to signify their win. However this was beyond what he had imagined. With trained movements he equipped his newest prize. The weight felt right and Squall couldn't keep a smile from forming on his face. However he needed to thank his benefactor.

"Thank you Kaiba," Squall gave the man a bow. "I appreciate the reward, and I will do my best to test the newest system. It's an honor."
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seto Kaiba on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:25 am

He looked Squall straight in the eyes. "That's still Mr. Kaiba for you." He gave it a second to sink in, then moved on. "You know your task, so go enjoy your new toys. After all, they're meant for dueling, so go ahead and test them outside, while showing off the newest brand of Duel Disks."
Seto Kaiba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:27 am

Ashley was dumbfounded by the gift and had been unable to say a thing until this moment. "Thank you so much Mr. Kaiba. We won't let you down." She turned around and left the room, eyes fixated on the new system around her wrist, Squall right behind her. "Can you believe it? We not only met the man himself, but also get to testrun the newest Duel Disks!"
Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:32 am

Squall nodded unable to express his excitement. He could only imagine what the other students would think. Still it was their job to test them and he was more than willing to participate. He quickly began to ask Ashley to a duel but decided against it. From the previous conversation, he had gathered the idea that she wanted to relax, not duel.

"I want to test this thing out right away," Squall smirked. "I wonder if the arena is still open, or maybe I should head back to my dorm first." Squall distantly wondered if he should speak with Professor Vari for any information he knew. Well he could decide when he had time.
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:34 am

She looked at him. "Why not us? You and me, try it out? See how much better it is. Outside, of course, inside will only leave a mess as usual, since people get bothered by it and start complaining. Right outside the school. You game?"
Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:36 am

Squall was surprised for a moment before giving a smile. How could he say no?

"That's music to my ears." With that he activated his duel disc and raised it up before him. "Duel!"
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next