December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The True History

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The True History

Post by Jace Moore on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:32 pm

Jace walked into the lecture hall, all students already present. With him, he had a briefcase and a larger bag, which both he placed on the desk in front of the class. Then, almost as if on queue, 2 men in suits, either body builders or security men, walked in with a large chest, placing it next to the desk. Jace nodded as the two handed him some paperwork and he signed it, returning it. The two muscles left the room, and the students were already getting rowdy by the unusual chain of events.

"All right, calm down everyone. Today is gonna be a very special day. Something I'm sure Mr. Kaiba won't admit or enjoy. but this will be part of your education. So. First of all, let me go through attendance." He went through the entire class, only missing Ashelin Mikawa and Riley Reid. "Ok. So, let me start this class with a basic question. What do people know about Yugi Muto?"
Jace Moore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The True History

Post by Alice on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:49 pm

Alice quickly rose her hand. "Yugi Muto is widely considered the King of Games as he has no official loses on his record. He came in first in Duelist Kingdom as well as achieved first place in the Battle City Tournament. His signature card is the Dark Magician as well as other monsters from that line up." Alice stopped for a moment wondering she should continue. Deciding it was ok she spoke again.

"His play style is strategic, often outmaneuvering his opponents rather than overpowering them. This makes his deck extremely creative as it can get out of almost any situation."
Alice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jace Moore on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:59 pm

Jace nodded in agreement to Alice's statements. "Very true, Alice. I see you've been doing homework. But there's also the iconic golden items, that are known now throughout the field of archeology as the Millennium Itms. Something we also have Pegasus to thank for. Now, can someone tell me at least 2 of the Items from ancient Egypt?"
Jace Moore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:00 pm

Kylie's hand now shot up, beating Alice to it. "Millennium Necklace and Rod, sir." She'd read an article on Battle City once, and it somehow just stuck with her. Lucky, since it actually was useful this one time.
Kylie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jace Moore on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:05 pm

Jace nodded yet again. "Very good Kylie. Those are indeed two of the items." He walked over to the chest the two men had brought in before, and opened it, revealing 7 unique golden artifacts. The 7 Millennium Items. "Now, before you all go crazy, don't worry. These aren't the actual magical artifacts from history, these are accurate artifacts created for the purpose of museum display, and they were kind enough to loan them out to us."

Each item was held in a glass case, large enough to give the item a full view from every angle, anmd the items themselves were held into place by glass standards. "All right, I want you all to make 7 groups, and I'll give each group one of these items. We'll have supervision as we investigate them, and nobody is allowed to remove the item from its casing. Examine, investigate and ovserve the Item you've been given, and you'll be each making a paper about the item you have, as a group."
Jace Moore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:24 pm

Once the groups were formed, there was mad dash to the front to see who could get the most coveted item, the Millennium Puzzle. Having been held by the king of games, a majority of the class wanted it. Squall was placed in a group with Alice, Zoe, and Kylie. Once their group was formed Squall made his way to the front and picked up the Millennium Necklace. He made his way back to his group and set the replica before them.

"So," Squall began. "Does anyone know what this was supposed to do?"
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:27 pm

Kylie picked up the glass case froim Squall and looked at it from a few different angles, before giving her analysis. "Well, by the look of those stingers on the bottom side of it, I could only really deduct that it's a chime of some sorts. In other words I have no clue whatsoever."
Kylie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:33 pm

Zoe pulled out her phone and looked up the Ring's information. "Well, according to this, the ancient artifact of Egypt, 5000 years ago, supposedly it was able to guide the owner to whatever they desired, whether physical or not. And on top of it, it was one of the items that was able to lock peoples souls away, or create the so-called Shadow Games." She looked up to the rest of her group. "So it seemed mostly like utility if you ask me."
Zoe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:38 pm

Alice took the change to speak up. "The person who used to where this was Bakura Ryou. He was present in both Duelist Kingdom as well as Duel City. He was known to be friends with Yugi but was oddly known for being a loner as well."
Alice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:44 pm

Squall nodded as he noted all the information given. "So what we know is the the owner of this particular item was Bakura, a friend of Yugi. It also apparently had the power to guide the user to their desires as well as seal souls away." Squall gave a sigh. Of all the items he could have picked it had to have been the occult one. He took another look the at the item.

"I wonder why is is called the Millennium Ring though? It clearly needs to be worn as a necklace, but the name was already taken. Maybe because of it's round shape?"
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:49 pm

Kylie slided her finger across the glass, following the contours of the golden artifact. "It quite surprisingly resembles a dreamcatcher, something from native american origin. The fact that you can see similarity of this degree in two completely different items from different time periods and two different continents means that cultural mixture was a thing back then even. That would mean this isn't just an Egyptian artifact but also proof to the question whether there was contact between the peoples of America and Africa before Columbus."
Kylie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:03 pm

That perked Alice's interest. "I wonder if that is true. The first known contact was the arrival of the Vikings, but this item was based off native american designs that could be proof of another communication route between the east and west hemispheres long before boats." Alice's eyes sparkled at the possibility.
Alice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:06 pm

"Possible theories aside, can we back to the project?" Squall called out. "I have the ring's description as well as the person who used it. We also have listed what powers it was supposed to have in ancient Egypt. Does anyone else know what we were suppose put in for the paper?"
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:10 pm

Zoe tapped the glass slightly. It didn't seem to disturb the artifact, or the replica of said artifact, in the slightest. Must've been attached pretty solidly then. "I think an accurate description wouldn't hurt." That seemed to have sparked an idea, as she grabbed her phone and make a few pictures of the item, of the most conventional angles. "We should use these for the project. Since we have to return it, at least now we can keep pictures for accurate description."
Zoe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Kylie left Zoe and Squall to deal with the task, turning her focus solely to Alice. "But this predates the vikings by far. And not just that, this might have also set the culture for the Vikings in motion, because the Vikings have such mythology based around dragojns, and what is one of the primary monster types used in Duel Monsters, based on the shadow games from ancient Egypt? Dragons. Egyptians may have influenced and triggered the Viking culture."
Kylie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:23 pm

Alice tilted her head. "The idea of dragons was well throughout the world, before Egyptians and Vikings. The Chinese worshiped dragons and there were rumors of fire breathing beasts throughout Europe." Alice tapped her lips.

"Though, you make a good point. The dragon in Egyptian culture is very similar to that of the Vikings.
While the Chinese worshiped long serpent creatures, the Egyptian's version had wings. Also while Viking dragons breathed fire, Chinese dragons created clouds and downpours. There is even a myth that four dragons gave their lives to become four major rivers in China today." It was fascinating how stories and legends had spread so far. Perhaps Kylie was on to something. The mere idea excited Alice.
Alice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:25 pm

The moment Alice mentioned chinese dragons, Kylie pulled out her laptop and hammered away on her keyboard, before turning it around, showing the picture of Slifer the Sky Dragon. "Serpentine dragons you say? Does this remind you of that?"
Kylie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:33 pm

"Yes very much so," Alice looked at the picture closer. "Though it has wings, it is a closer representation of the Chinese legends. I believe the original name was Osiris, in homage to the Egyptian God of Life and Death." Alice gave a small hum.

"Chinese kings were seen as dragons, all powerful and all knowing. They were practically seen as gods. This thought process could have been influenced by Osiris who was literally the god of life and death in Egyptian culture."
Alice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:38 pm

"Exactly, and Slifer, or Osiris, was one of the three Egyptian Gods of the Duel Monsters game in ancient egypt as well. Much like now. Add to that the fact that many other cultures have been impacted by the Egyptian culture, too. Such as the Crystal Beasts having impact on Rome."

"But it also raises the question where the other cards that have been made come from. Think about monsters like Squalls Ancient Gears. Does that mean ancient Egypt was far more advanced than we believed? It would definitely explain the many impossibly accurate geometric structures around the world, like Assla Piscu in Peru, or the Pyramids in Egypt. Speaking of which, have you ever noticed, that the Inka temples are basiceally pyramids but not with smooth sides? And what if you turn a pyramid upside down?" She gestured to the lucky group that had gotten their hands on the puzzle. "Coincidence?"
Kylie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:48 pm

"Possibly," Alice replied. "But a square base for building and monuments were natural for that time. Inka temples were the same as Egyptian ones except for the smooth sides. As for you other question about cards like Ancient gears." Alice pointed to the group examining the Millennium Necklace.

"The necklace apparently allowed the user to see through time. This would have allowed the makers to see potential futures and create cards on what they had seen. However it could be argued that it was simply creativity on their part. Pegasus creates new cards every day. Why couldn't the Egyptians use their own imaginations?"
Alice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:52 pm

"Well, if they looked through time and saw the gears, then wouldn't that throw the entire time parallels off? Because you see something in the future, make it in the present, so then the future would already have it." She rubbed her forehead, closed eyes trying to think the idea through, but no matter how she looked at it, it wouldn't work out. It would always be an infinite loop that didn't work, as it has no start or end.

"Y'know on second thought, let's not go there. Still, it does show that there are a lot of similarites across the world, and somehow they all seem to stem from the Egyptians. It might be that the Egyptians were the first coherent civilization, and thanks to them, every other known civilizations became what they are today."
Kylie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:58 pm

Squall cut into the conversation by clearing his throat. "If you two are done then, could I ask you for some help? Zoe and I don't want to do all the work."  He asked glaring dagger into them. He had expected this somewhat with Alice but Kylie he had expected more from. Still it was nice to unwind and speak about interesting topics so he wasn't too mad. He would rather they leave it for after the project was finished however.

"Zoe and I finish collecting information about the ring. If you two could type this up, I think we will be able to turn it in for a top grade."
Squall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jace Moore on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:03 pm

Squall's rallying cry got interrupted by Professor Moore, who requested all the Items to be returned to the front desk. After a few minutes of the students reluctantly returning the items, the two muscles of earlier returned, one of them placing the items carefully back into the container in which they entered, as the other whispered something in Jace's ear.

"All right everyone, the class hasn't ended yet. I want everyone to return to their seats, so I can announce the next exciting aspect of this class. I've been able to pull some strings, and have managed to book the very legend himself for us, to speak to you and answer any questions you may have. Please, keep the questions normal, I don't want you asking about relationship status. I'm looking at you, Kara." He then waved his arm to the right, to an open door, through which the very King of Games himself, Yugi Muto entered the classroom.
Jace Moore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yugi Muto on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:05 pm

Yugi entered the classroom, one bodyguard behind him, the other waiting at the front desk next to Professor Moore. He had the same usual shy laugh, not feeling at all comfortable with being a legend, but coping with it best he could. He wish he could've tricked Joey or Téa to tag along, but both of them were busy with their own carreers, so he was left to do this on his own. At least he could see Kaiba again later. Though he feared the meeting would be one-sided.
Yugi Muto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:15 pm

Alice was sure her jaw hit the desk. A quickly look around assured her she was not the only one. The living breathing legend was standing before them asking for questions. To her shame, her mind was unable to compute a single sentence, all that processed was that Yugi Muto was standing before her.
Alice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next