Duel Academy - Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 33 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:51 pm
Quick Menu
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

First day of Class

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First day of Class Empty First day of Class

Post by Sirius Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:24 am

Sirius took a deep breath as he strode down the hallway. It was the first day and he needed to make a good impression. He entered his assigned classroom and was pleasantly surprised that a few students had beaten him there. If they kept their pace up they would be fine duelists in the future. Still he had a class to teach and refocus his efforts on his first day agenda. Minutes ticked by and finally the classroom was full. He gave a few more seconds to the remaining late students before speaking.

"All right, quiet down everyone." Sirius announced as he stood behind the podium. "I know this is your first day so I will try not to bore you all with Attack point quantum mechanics." A chorus of laughs echoed through the room while a few nervous students sat straighter at their desks. He had seen this before several times. If he started the day too strong there would be students who would under perform. Sirius decided to start with the basics. This would allow the students to come out of their shell. It was the first day after all. No need to pressure them into over performing.

"Can anyone tell me how many types of spell cards their are?" He asked looking across the room.
Sirius
Sirius

Back to top Go down

First day of Class Empty Re: First day of Class

Post by Ashelin Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:27 am

Ashelin raised her hand upon hearing the question.. "6. There's Normal Spells, Ritual Spells, Quick-Play Spells, Continuous Spells, Equip Spells and Field Spells."
Ashelin
Ashelin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:41 am

"Correct." Sirius nodded. "Spells have the most variety in the game. Monsters follow with 5 types: Normal, Effect, Fusion, Ritual, and token. Finally are traps with normal, continuous and counter." He looked around the class and was happy to see that some of the more concerned students were easing up.

"Moving on, we can dive deeper into each topic. I will begin with monster cards." Sirius continued point out each of the the types with their strengths and weaknesses.
Sirius
Sirius

Back to top Go down

Post by Zachary Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:43 am

Zachary sat a couple rows above Ashelin. He looked down, and let out a low, yet understandable enough line at the girl. "Show off."
Zachary
Zachary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:49 am

Sirius frown as the comment reached his ears. Why did people feel the need to verbally attack other duelists? It not only showed poor sportsmanship but killed potential that would help students grow. It was better to nip this kind of behavior at the bud before it could grow. He sighed before facing the class quickly.

"Zachary Pyne," Sirius spoke firmly. "Do you have something to share with the class or did you volunteer yourself for a five page essay on the history of Fusion monsters?"
Sirius
Sirius

Back to top Go down

Post by Zachary Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:52 am

He looked at Sirius, nothing on his face showing intimidation. As if he didn't care, which was pretty accurate. "Just wanted to make sure our new star doesn't get in over her head. But I'm sure she's got enough defense points to handle it."
Zachary
Zachary

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashelin Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:55 am

Ashelin gave a small smirk before continuing her note taking and then crumpling one page up and tossing it behind her as if to get rid of garbage so it'd land on the ground near Zachary's feat.
Ashelin
Ashelin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madison Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:58 am

Madison shook her head, already tired of the bickering on the first official school day. She gave Zach a nasty look the moment he looked in her direction. She knew he saw her, since he instantly turned away and looked out the window, with either a blush or just simple anger.
Madison
Madison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:16 am

Sirius returned to the board and continued to jot down notes. Children would be children he supposed. Note passing and name calling. Was he ever that bad when he was in high school? Regardless, Sirius continued the lesson.

"Fusion monsters were seen by many as monsters of great strength that would require a larger sacrifice to summon. Notable examples are Gaia the Dragon Champion, Black Skull Dragon, and Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. These monster were seen as the final obstacle for many to defeat a deck and fusion monsters were very rare. However there has been a resurgence of fusion monsters in recent history. Archtypes like the HEROS and Roids have received a large amount of fusion monsters but they lack the power their predecessors did. Some use effects to make up the difference while others simply support their fellow monsters." Sirius gave the class another look. Some were taking notes diligently while others were barley staying awake.

"Does anyone have any questions?"
Sirius
Sirius

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:20 am

Jess's hand shot up instantly. "Yes, Fusions. In my duel with Ashelin I pulled out my Cyber End Dragon through Future Fusion. But then she destroyed Future Fusion and it destroyed my Cyber End. Does that mean cards like Future Fusion are bad?"
Jess
Jess

Back to top Go down

Post by Madison Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:23 am

Madison and about half the class looked up on the word "Cyber End Dragon". That card was powerful, a caliber that you'd expect in the possession of an Obelisk. Not a Slifer. This year just got real interesting, real fast.
Madison
Madison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:31 am

Sirius raised a brow. Cyber End Dragon was a card of legend, certainly not something he expected a student to have. Perhaps she was from an affluent family?

"Not at all Jess." Sirius began. "Future fusion is quite powerful. While a normal fusion would require you to gather all the appropriate cards from the deck, Future Fusion can expiate the process and does not need polymerization to use. If your opponent does not have the means to remove Future Fusion from the field, that card alone can win duels." He tapped his finger against his lips before speaking again.

"The second use of Future Fusion is that the material go to grave after the first turn. They can then be summon back by card like Call of the Haunted or Monster Reborn. I suppose you were just unlucky that your opponent had their cards they needed."
Sirius
Sirius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashelin Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:32 am

Ashelin writes notes down diligently then stops and raises her hand. "She had game but some what fell for a bluff of a trap I had on the field. Anyway Professor isn't there some fusions that don't use Polymerization? Like the XYZ-Dragon Cannon and Chimeratech Fortress Dragon?"
Ashelin
Ashelin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:39 am

"Correct again." Sirius nodded giving his student a smile. "This is a special fusion known as Contact Fusion. While it does not require Polymerization to use, it does need all the monsters to be on the field to work. In some ways this is considered more difficult than a normal fusion which can use materials from the hand. XYZ is an excellent example as it is difficult for some duelists to keep all three pieces safe while trying to assemble them."

"However that weakness is offset by their speed. If one can contact fuse quickly enough, a game can be as good as won. Not only are contact fusion monster known for their strong attack and defense, many also have unique abilities like Neo-spacians."
Sirius
Sirius

Back to top Go down

Post by Madison Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:44 am

"But Neo-Spacian Fusions have the drawback of returning to the Extra Deck at the End Phase of the turn they're summoned. And then there's the Spell Miracle Contact, which enables them to be used from hand, field and even Graveyard. I am more interested in the card that's being talked about. Is it true there's a Polymerization that allows you to use your opponents monsters for Fusion?"
Madison
Madison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashelin Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:46 am

Ashelin perked up at this and then looked to Madison before turning to the professor again "I actually heard there's two. Rumor has it that Chancellor Sheppard has one. Is this true?"
Ashelin
Ashelin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:00 am

Sirius sighed as the class burst into cries of excitement and speculation. He quickly took control.

"All right that's enough!" He called above the murmur. "To answer your question Miss Varren, the card is question Super Polymerization. Not only is it extremely rare but extremely powerful. It can take your opponent's monsters and can not be stopped by any card effect upon activation." The class whispered as he spoke. He could see the greed in some of their eyes. He needed to put that out.

"That being said, the effect requires you to discard a card to use. Furthermore not too many fusion monsters require a general monster type or attribute. While monsters like Chimeratech Fortress Dragon only needs a cyber dragon and other machines, most require specific cards. This limits it's usefulness unless playing a mirror match. It can be seen as an unstoppable polymerization, but has just as many draw backs." He then turned to Ashelin.

"As for your question Miss Mikawa, I am uncertain. I have not heard such a rumor, but I have never gotten to see the chancellor's deck myself.
Sirius
Sirius

Back to top Go down

Post by Madison Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:07 am

"Nor shall we. The Chancellor never duels, though he knows how to very well. But proceed with class."
Madison
Madison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:09 am

Jess looked down at her empty paper. Maybe the chancellor would help her. Not that he would have any reason for doing so. It would just have to become a job and a half to get through the first year. She gave a glance over to Ashelin, whom she lost to before, then looked at Zachary, clearly lost in dreamy world or something. This was gonna be hard.
Jess
Jess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashelin Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:10 am

Ashelin nodded and then went back to taking notes before taking another page out and crumpling it tossing it back again, this time landing on the desk infront of Zachary. Ashelin then looked over to Jess and smiled waving to her slightly before getting back to note taking.
Ashelin
Ashelin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zachary Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:13 am

Zachary picked up the ball of paper and threw it strongly at Ashelins head, granted it was only paper. That brat was getting on his nerves, and it's about time he put her in her place.
Zachary
Zachary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:19 am

"That's enough!" The class jumped as Sirius glared daggers at Zach and Ashelin. "I will not tolerate horseplay within the classroom! If you both continue this I will keep you both for detention! Do I make myself clear?"
Sirius
Sirius

Back to top Go down

Post by Zachary Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:22 am

"If you say so. Sure." He already had his plan laid out. Simple yet effective. The moment class ended, he was gonna drag that Ra to the Arena and duel her in front of the whole school to see how bad she truly is.
Zachary
Zachary

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashelin Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:22 am

Ashelin perked up and then nodded. "Yes sir." She then grabbed her 2 crumpled pieces of paper off the ground and went back to note taking quickly having placed both crumples next to her.
Ashelin
Ashelin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:33 am

"If you too have enough energy to horse around during class you can give a demonstration. Both of you come to the front of the class." As the student filed down Sirius decided to use them as a good deturent. Still it would be harsh.

"Furthermore, this duel will have a punishment to it. The loser will be demoted a dorm level. This will be an example for those that think they can play around during class time."
Sirius
Sirius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum